As part of our Champagne Week series, Michelin starred chef Emma Bengtsson shows us how she prepares a simple yet delicious scallop dish to pair with Champagne.
(recipe for 1 person)
3 ea broccoli rabe
¼ cup brussels sprouts
1 tsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp capers
1 twig of tarragon
1 twig of thyme
1 garlic clove
- Start with cleaning the scallop and dry them on a paper towel.
- Heat up a pan until hot, add some oil and salt to the pan and then place the scallops in it.
- Add the crushed garlic clove, thyme, and a nub of butter. Base the scallops with the melted butter using a spoon.
- Remove from pan and let rest on the side.
- Save some of the leaves from the brussels sprouts before cutting the rest in half.
- Add the halved brussels sprouts and the broccoli rabe and sear them for about 4 min.
- Making the vinaigrette, chop the capers, tarragon, and place in a bowl. Add the rape seed oil and the apple cider vinegar.
- Season with sea salt.
- Cut the apples into smaller triangles.
- Start with the broccoli rabe in the middle of the plate.
- Add the seared scallops and the brussels sprouts in a line in the middle.
- Add the cut apple and some of the raw brussels sprouts cups.
- Dress everything with the vinaigrette and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it.